Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Additions

More stuff for the bookhoard. I picvked up The Compleat Meadmaker (K. Schramm) and The Great American Beer Book (J. Robertson). Schramm is touted as the definitive name in Meadmaking, and the book is easy to read and covers a breadth of meadmaking topics.

The Beer Book OTOH is a bit dated, but contains descriptions of and names of a tremendous number of beers and breweries including histories and even gossip. Also includes suggestions on how to rate and compare beers, and a history of beer. Lots of illustrations and even color plates. Not bad for a 30+ year old book that cost me 50¢.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
I've always liked to work with my hands. A while ago, I discovered that the world was short of people who handcrafted leather, made furniture and equipment for those in the Lifestyle and who had both the foresight to think of their patrons and the willingness to make their products affordable.